- There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
- When we invest in something, we do not receive immediate gratification or reap the benefits in the present. Instead, we look to the future. We make decisions today that will impact our tomorrows and help future generations.
This week, on A Different Perspective, Doc discusses why medical research and practice don’t line up. Can you exercise too much? Does exercise help allergies?
(Begins at 00:32:30)
- Medical research vs medical practice.
- If there’s no financial benefit, medical practice doesn’t care.
- Our stuff will always be more expensive and taste worse. Because it’s based on results—not palatability.
- Exercise more effective than medicines to manage mental health, study shows.
- The effect of acute exhaustion and moderate intensity exercises on nasal cytokine secretion and clinical symptoms in allergenic rhinitis patients
- Immune markers change when you exercise
- Can you exercise too much? Yeah.
- You want to throw off every study done on women? Check their mental stress levels.
- If she’s stressed out and you draw her blood, it’ll be different than if she’s not.
- Ladies, there’s not one tissue in your body that’s not affected by mental stress.
This week, on A Different Perspective, Doc discusses Nettle leaf, how it helps with allergies, and how to avoid “natural drugs”.
(Begins at 00:52:02)
- Decreases inflammation
- Decrease histamine response from allergies
- Maintains healthy joints
- Maintains healthy cardiovascular function
- Nettle extract (Urtica dioica) affects key receptors and enzymes associated with allergic rhinitis
- Be sure to get tested, otherwise you’re just taking a natural drug.
- If you don’t find out what’s wrong, you’re just going to end up spending more money.
- There’s just as many natural things as drugs, out there, these days. And yet, we’re still getting sicker.
This week, on A Different Perspective, Doc discusses how to avoid criticism, and why you have to be careful what you ask for.
(Begins at 00:56:28)
- There is only one way to avoid criticism.
- Be careful what you ask for—be prepared for criticism. You could save the world, and there will still be people that complain.
- Find a purpose. And if you can’t create one, join one.
- I never do what I feel.