Sugar Truths and Myths – What You Need to Know
This week, on A Different Perspective, Dr. Patrick Flynn covers the question of whether sugar is inherently bad for you. Doc cuts through oversimplifications to reveal key insights everyone should know. This myth-busting talk covers:
- The biology of various sugars – glucose, fructose, sucrose, and more. Not all sugars are equal in terms of absorption and impact.
- Why “good carbs vs bad carbs” is misleading.
- Longer sugar chains like polysaccharides are harder to break down and, therefore, there’s less glucose absorption. Why does that matter? Doc covers it!
- How to lower sugar absorption through co-ingesting fats or fiber.
- How high-sugar holidays impact immune function. The flu is not seasonal, the only difference is how our bodies are set up to respond to it.
Get the full sugar story – the science, the nuance, and the practical health applications. Learn why and how Doc suggests the “no sugar” month of January, and why it’ll change your health. Watch now!
STAY CONNECTED TO WELLNESS
Subscribe to our newsletter for health tips & updates.