Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) also known as Indian Frankincense, is extracted from Boswellia serrata trees, which are native to India, North Africa, and the Middle East. It’s well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties and has been used in traditional medicine systems like Ayurveda for centuries.
This tree resin has a wide variety of constituents with unique beneficial properties, including monoterpenes, diterpenes, and a unique collection of triterpenic acids known as boswellic acids.
These active compounds in Boswellia may have the following beneficial effects:
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties
- Supporting and maintaining healthy joints
- Supporting tissue repair
- Anti-microbial properties
- Supporting a balanced immune response
- Pain-relieving properties
- Respiratory support
- Reducing inflammation and promoting balance in the gut
- Protecting the gut lining
- Inhibition of abnormal cell proliferation
- Supporting brain health and cognitive function
Finding a good, quality supplement that delivers what’s promised on the label isn’t easy. To see our favorite recommendation, visit The Wellness Way store.
Your body is like a finely tuned Swiss watch, with each gear affecting all the others. For more information or to get tested, contact a Wellness Way clinic. We’ll help you understand how your body is currently functioning and the best ways to support it!