For a savory taste of summer to start the day, try this Brussel’s sprout and bacon breakfast hash. You can use turkey bacon in the Brussel’s sprout and bacon breakfast hash for a different flavor or to allow for allergies.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
- 4 slices bacon cooked till crispy, chopped
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb small Brussels sprouts cut into halves or quarters (depending on size)
- 1/3 lb fingerling potatoes, about ten, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- Place pan on medium high heat. Add bacon, cook till crispy, and set aside.
- Add ghee or oil to pan with pancetta fat. When melted, add red peppers.
- Sauté for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brussels sprouts, potatoes, and shallots, sauté for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.