Take a bite of this brussels sprout salad with its vinaigrette, and get a taste of summer.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you don’t know what your food allergies are, get them tested soon!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp organic brown mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic onion powder
- 1/2 cup organic avocado oil
- Celtic sea salt and organic black pepper OR grains of paradise
- 1 lb organic brussels sprouts raw, shredded (sliced very thickly)
- 8 slices nitrate-free bacon cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup of raw nuts of choice, chopped
- 1 medium organic apple (red for if you like sweeter or green apple for low sugar)
- 2 tsp organic lemon juice
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- Have all ingredients prepped before you begin.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add bacon pieces.
- Cook bacon pieces until crisp, stirring to evenly brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain.
- Put shredded brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with bacon and 1-2 tbsp of rendered bacon fat.
- Heat the same skillet over medium heat and add nuts; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring, until toasty, careful not to burn the nuts.
- Toss nuts with brussels sprouts and bacon.
- Add chopped apples to sprouts and bacon.
- Add lemon juice and cranberries.
- Toss the salad.
- Add about half the dressing with the salad, leaving the rest to serve as extra. Serve and enjoy!