This delicious and healthy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe will warm you up! Enjoy with a nice salad or a slice of gluten-free bread.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know your food allergies, get them tested soon!
Total Prep Time: 50 minutes
Makes: 6-7 servings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 organic butternut squash, peeled and seeded, then cubed
- 1 medium organic, white or Vidalia onion, chopped
- 7-10 organic baby carrots, or 2 large organic carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet, organic apple, peeled and halved, then sliced
- 2 cups organic, free-range chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped or minced)
- 1 large, organic potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks of organic celery halved, then sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- Garlic salt to taste
- Nutmeg and crisped sage (optional for garnish)
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions in avocado oil with salt and pepper.
- When onions have caramelized, add carrots and celery. Allow to cook for a few minutes until celery begins to soften.
- Then add garlic, squash, apple and potato.
- Add chicken broth and water until ingredients are covered in pot.
- Boil/simmer until squash and other ingredients are softened.
- In a small bowl, combine xylitol and blackstrap molasses to form “brown sugar”
- Stir into soup and cook until dissolved.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- When all vegetables are soft, carefully move ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed. Be careful! It will be hot.
- Pour into bowls to serve. Add garnish of nutmeg and/or crisped sage.