Chamomile (Chamomilla recutita), also known as German Chamomile, has been used for thousands of years by ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks to soothe feelings of anxiety and settle stomachs. Chamomile is well recognized for its traditional uses in supporting a healthy GI tract and promoting calm and relaxation. It supports the integrity of the GI mucosa and improves many other factors of GI function, which is why it was commonly used to ease upset stomach, heartburn, nausea, and vomiting.
Chamomile contains a-bisabolol and chamazulene, flavonoids, and coumarins, among its many other constituents. Chamomile has been used for thousands of years as traditional medicine and is best known to calm anxiety and settle stomachs. Other uses include soothing gastrointestinal tract inflammation and easing spasm of digestive tissue. Chamomile can be used topically to promote wound healing.
The phytochemicals in Chamomile work together to:
- Reduce gas buildup in the intestines
- Encourage relaxation and support a healthy nervous system response
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Support normal intestinal motility
- Support the integrity of the intestinal mucosa
- Support healthy digestion
- Promotes the body’s normal skin tissue restoration functions
- Support healthy sleep patterns
- Support a healthy menstrual cycle
- Support healthy blood sugar regulation
Finding a good, quality supplement that delivers what is promised on the label isn’t easy. To find our favorite recommendation, visit The Wellness Way store.
Remember, the Swiss watch of the body’s systems is a delicate balance! For more information, to test your systemic functions, and to discover possible triggers, contact a Wellness Way clinic. We can help you understand how your body is functioning and the best ways to support it!