We’re all familiar with the common symptoms of unbalanced female hormones. From PMS, to infertility, breast cancer, to discomforts associated with menopause, we hear of these ailments enough that we assume they are normal. But just because it’s common, doesn’t mean it’s normal. The delicate balance of a woman’s hormones throughout her life and cycle can seem like a near impossible feat. Sometimes, we need to support the body to do what it was programmed to do, function properly. Chaste tree, otherwise known as vitex, has been used for centuries to support women and their health.
During a woman’s cycle, and throughout her life, hormones peak and dip. If they don’t hit optimal levels at just the right times, many of those common ailments and symptoms rear their head. Progesterone is the hormone that has the most calming effect, sustains pregnancy, and regulates the stress and healing processes within the body.
Chaste tree has been proven effective in supporting women in several ways. The benefits of Chaste Tree are different for each individual based on the needs of their system, however, some benefits include:
- Promotes a natural, healthy balance within the female endocrine system (particularly in relation to supporting normal progesterone levels)
- Encourages healthy menstrual cycling
- Eases discomfort associated with premenstrual syndrome
- Supports normal reproductive function in women
- Maintains healthy skin in circumstances requiring a normal hormone balance (in men and women)
- Eases temporary feelings of tension associated with the menstrual cycle
- Supports proper hormone balance through menopause.
But don’t underestimate this herb’s abilities to help in other ways! Chaste Tree has also been used in men to improve urine flow associated with prostate health. Its support of nervous and endocrine system function make it useful in reducing headaches, body inflammation, and swelling.
Finding a good, quality supplement that delivers what is promised on the label isn’t easy. To find our favorite recommendation, visit The Wellness Way store.
Remember, those hormones are a delicate balance! For more information and to find out how your body is producing, converting, and using progesterone contact a Wellness Way clinic.