Healthy chicken fajitas are a flavorful, easy dinner for the family! Skip the seasoning packet and create your own seasoning. It gives you the freedom to change the seasoning recipe to your liking!
Total Prep Time: 30-45 minutes Makes: 4-5 servings
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
1 1/2 pounds of organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2-3 organic bell peppers
1 organic red onion
1 tablespoon organic chili powder
1 teaspoon organic cumin
1 teaspoon organic paprika
1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon organic garlic granules
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon organic black or red pepper
- Mix all spices in a bowl. Set aside about 1/4 for the veggies.
- Trim and cut the chicken into strips. Put in bowl and coat with seasoning.
- Cover and place the chicken in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Place chicken on parchment-lined baking sheet. Put under broiler for 10 minutes, then stir. Put back for 5-10 more minutes or until done.
- Cut up bell peppers and onion into strips.
- Heat large skillet over medium low heat. Add avocado oil about one and a half turns of the pan. Once oil is hot, add peppers and onion and remaining seasoning. Stir every couple of minutes. Cook about 6-8 minutes.
- Add chicken and juices from pan. Stir until combined and cook a few extra minutes to combine flavors.
- Serve on gluten-free tortillas or make into a salad. We like this recipe on organic spinach with organic heirloom yellow tomatoes, fresh organic jalepeños, organic avocado, and some hemp hearts.