This fresh, cool chickpea salad is perfect for summer!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Tastes better after a few hours of marinating in the fridge.
- 2-15.5 oz cans drained & rinsed organic chickpeas (3 cups chickpeas)
- 2 cups organic cucumbers (diced)
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Sea salt to taste
Garlic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp organic black pepper or grains of paradise
- 1 1/2 tsp organic oregano
- 2 cloves organic garlic or shallots, peeled and crushed slightly
- 1/3 cup organic avocado oil
To make salad:
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put chickpeas, cucumber, and tomatoes into a mixing bowl, drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with salt, and mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Can keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
To make homemade garlic vinaigrette:
Add the water, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic cloves to a saucepan and heat until it boils for 1 minute and all the maple sugar is dissolved.
Add the oil and give it a good stir. (The oil and sugar will stay separated.)
Allow it to cool before putting it over your salad. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.