Use this pizza sauce with any of our pizza crusts–gluten-free flour, sweet potato, cauliflower, or quinoa. Make it at home and have confidence in its minimal and quality ingredients.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic/shallot cloves minced
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper/grains of paradise to taste
- Warm oil in a medium-sized pot. Cook onion until softened and garlic/shallot until fragrant–about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth and well combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes or until thickened. For a smooth pizza sauce, use an immersion blender to blend until desired consistency.
HOW TO STORE PIZZA SAUCE
Meal Prep: You can make this sauce ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until pizza night!
Fridge: If you have leftovers, store sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer: To freeze pizza sauce, let cool completely then transfer to air-tight storage containers, leaving room at the top. Freeze for up to 3 months