Now you can have your hot cocoa in a cup or in a cookie! These hot cocoa cookies are all of the chocolatey goodness without the refined sugar.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter or sun butter
- 1/2 a duck egg or 1 large chicken egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar/xylitol/monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (we use Lily’s brand)
Optional: Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup organic shortening
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
Optional: Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup softened organic, plant-based, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 vanilla bean; the paste
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out around 2 tablespoons of dough into your hands. Roll in the palm of your hands to create a ball, then flatten into a cookie shape. Place on baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake cookies at 350ºF for about 12-15 minutes. Then, let cool for at least 20 minutes.
For the Frosting (both of them)
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Then, using a hand mixer, whip for about 3-5 minutes until it is at desired consistency.
- Transfer frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto cookies using any tip you like! Sprinkle with your favorite topping.