The peanut butter found in stores can have a lot of extra ingredients you may be trying to stay away from. Make your own to keep the unnecessary additions to a minimum, and get the full taste of the peanuts in all your peanut butter recipe needs!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 cups raw shelled peanuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread peanuts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and bake until golden brown, about 6-10 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes to get an even roasting. Reserve 1/3 cup of ground peanuts for later if chunky peanut butter is desired.
- Pour roasted peanuts and salt into a food processor. Process for about 2 minutes, or until peanuts start to form a ball.
- Scrape peanut butter off the sides of the processor.
- Add honey at this point, if desired, and continue blending to desired consistency, 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove creamy peanut butter from food processor and mix reserved peanuts back into the mix (if desired).