This delicious quinoa pizza crust is both vegan and gluten-free. This quinoa pizza crust is perfect for those who need to give up eggs, dairy, and gluten, but don’t want to give up a delicious pizza.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked & soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove or shallot
- 1 tsp aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
- The night before preparing this pizza, measure out your uncooked quinoa, place in a bowl, cover with water, cover bowl & let soak overnight.
- The next day the quinoa should have absorbed most of the water. Rinse & drain the soaked quinoa & set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, drizzle olive oil on parchment, set aside.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, water, garlic, baking powder, and salt. Blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter onto your oiled parchment paper. Using your hands or a spatula, spread and shape your batter until about 1/2″ thick (I like to form mine into an oval shape).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Carefully flip the crust over, and if you need to, flip onto a new sheet of oiled parchment paper.
- Top your pizza with your choice of ingredients and return to the oven.
- Bake for 10 more minutes and then turn on the broiler for 2-4 minutes, or until the crust is desired golden bubbling crispiness.