Spanish quinoa is a great accompaniment for tacos, burritos, or other Mexican food… or just to eat alone! This recipe is delicious and good for you!
Total Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Makes: 3-5 servings.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon organic paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut or avocado oil
- Heat a medium pan on the stovetop.
- Add oil and quinoa. Let quinoa roast for 2-3 minutes until a nutty aroma fills the air.
- Add liquid ingredients and dried spices. Place to burner on medium heat to simmer and cook for approximately 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Add additional ingredients to make it your own, like beans, green chilies, peppers, diced tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Contributed by The Wellness Way – Green Bay in Green Bay, WI.