One of the hardest things about getting your food allergies back is giving up foods you love. What happens when the food you love is a big, juicy burger? Grab some sweet potatoes and black beans and make your own!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
1 large, organic sweet potato (or 2 cups organic sweet potato purée)
1 cup organic, gluten free quinoa, cooked
1/2 cup organic black beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 tsp organic garlic powder
1/4 tsp organic smoked paprika
1/4 tsp organic chili powder
*sea salt & grains of paradise or organic pepper for seasoning **Options for toppings: Goat cheese/Sheep cheese, organic spinach, organic avocado
- Bake sweet potato for 50 minutes at 425F. Once cooked and cooled, remove skin of sweet potato and mash using a fork until it forms a purée. *This step can be skipped if canned sweet potato purée is being used instead.
- Cook quinoa following packages instructions.
- Add cooked quinoa, black beans, and spices to the sweet potato purée and stir together.
- Scoop mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and form into patties. Can use the lid of a mason jar to form perfect circles.
- Bake at 350F for 15-25 minutes. Since this recipe is vegan, baking time is not as important – depends on how soft or firm you want them! The longer you bake, the firmer the veggie patties will be.