Get a warm start to your morning with this sweet potato and pear breakfast skillet.
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
1 tbsp avocado oil
4 links of chicken sausage (sliced)
1 sweet potato (diced)
1/4 cup onion (diced)
1-2 pears (preferred sweetness)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 lemon (squeeze for juice)
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add oil and brown the sliced sausage. Remove the sausage from the pan and put it off to the side.
- In the same pan, add sweet potato, sea salt, and onion.
- Cook for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally. The sweet potatoes should just start to turn color and begin to get soft.
- Add in the spinach and pear.
- Continue to sauté until the spinach is wilted and potatoes are tender.
- Stir the sausage back in and add the lemon juice.
*For extra flavor, cover the diced sweet potato in coconut oil and season with cinnamon.