Enjoy the taste of a pizza without needing to worry about flour and other allergens. Make the sweet potato pizza crust to enjoy pizza guilt- free! Top the sweet potato pizza with all your normal favorites and enjoy!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
- Sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 2 ½ tbsp filtered water
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Peel, dice ( ½” pieces), and measure out your sweet potato on food scale for best results.
- Fill a steamer basket with a small layer of water, then steam the sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are steaming, prepare the flax “egg” in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl, then mash well.
- Add the flax egg and mix until evenly combined, then add in half of the dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
- Add the remainder of the dry ingredients – at some point you will need to switch to using your hands to knead the dough into a ball.
- Next, place the dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a circle about ⅓-½” thick, then peel back the top layer of parchment paper. Transfer the dough + bottom layer of parchment paper to a baking sheet, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover the crust with the second piece of parchment paper. Flip the crust over so that layer is now on the bottom, then peel back the base layer of parchment paper, which should now be on top.
- Top the Sweet Potato Pizza Crust as desired, then return to the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- You can broil the pizza at the end for an additional 1-2 minutes if you’d like your toppings to be extra crispy!