Enjoy an explosion of flavor in your mouth with this Texas caviar dip! Remember to serve with chips so you get a sizeable scoop!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
For the Caviar Dip
- 1 15 oz. can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- drained ½ cup whole organic corn kernels,
- 3 chopped scallions–both white and green parts
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped finely or diced
- 3 small organic bell peppers chopped (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup organic cherry tomatoes sliced thinly
- ½ ripe avocado cut into small cubes
- ½ cup fresh organic cilantro rinsed and chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed organic lemon or lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic or shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried organic oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or Grains of Paradise
- Optional: organic raw honey
- To make the dressing: Whisk together all ingredients. Set it aside.
- For the Texas Caviar dip (or salad): Place black beans, black eyed peas, corn kernels, scallions, red onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and fresh cilantro in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Give it a gentle mix.
- Taste for seasoning and add in if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips