Make these zucchini enchiladas to enjoy this warm comfort food without the grain and allergens of the traditional noodles. Use with our homemade organic enchilada sauce or our homemade organic pumpkin enchilada sauce for an extra health and taste boost!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
1 tbsp. organic avocado oil
1 large organic onion, chopped
2 cloves of organic garlic or organic shallot, minced
2 tsp. ground organic cumin
2 tsp. organic chili powder
3 cups shredded organic chicken breast or 1 lb. ground organic meat of choice
1 1/3 cup organic red enchilada sauce, divided OR homemade organic enchilada sauce
4 large organic zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 cups shredded dairy free cheddar or goat cheese or sheep cheese
*Dairy Free Sour cream, for drizzling (optional)
*Fresh organic cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic or shallot, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add meat and 1 cup of enchilada sauce and stir until coated.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel thin slices of zucchini. Lay out 3 slices, slightly overlapping, and top with a spoonful of meat mixture. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and meat mixture.
- Spoon remaining cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and top with both cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty and enchiladas are warmed through, for about 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro before serving.